Can't register plugin

Oct 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I am having trouble registering the plugin. Both of the solution packages fail with a useless error message.

When I try to register the DLL in Sandbox mode, I immediately get a popup that says "Since some of the plug-ins cannot be isolated, the assembly cannot be marked as Isolated."

When I select 'None' for isolation mode, it tries to register but comes back with:

<Message>Action failed for assembly 'Crm2011DistributeWF, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4a902766b5361155': Assembly must be registered in isolation.</Message>

Has anyone else seen this issue? Please help!

Sep 23, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Hi Ben,

I had the same issue today. Here is the information on how to solve it.

I had a customer run into the error message “Assembly must be registered in isolation” when trying to register a CRM 2011 plugin. We found this error was being thrown because the user was not a deployment administrator. If the user is only a System Administrator in the organization, they will be forced to register plugins in the sandbox isolation mode. After adding the user as a deployment administrator he was able to register the plugin to database without any issues.

Taken from:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crminthefield/archive/2011/08/17/error-message-assembly-must-be-registered-in-isolation-when-registering-plugins-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

Hope that helps. This is a really cool tool. We have been able to some really impressive things with it.